Saturday, November 14, 2009

I Have Dreamed



"Right in the middle of an ordinary life,
Love gives us a fairy tale."




"Only those who truly love and who are truly strong can sustain their lives as a dream. You
dwell in your own enchatment. Life throws stones at you, but your love and your dream change those stones into the flowers of discovery. Even if you lose, or are defeated by things, your
triumph will always be exemplary. And if no one knows it, then there are places that do. People like you enrich the dreams of the worlds, and it is dreams that create history. People like you are unknowing transformers of things, protected by your own fairy-tale, by love."
-Ben Okri (Nigerian author who uses magic realism to convey the social and political chaos in his country, 1959)


7 comments:

Sandra said...

Love the first picture, and what a great quote. Thank you Barb.subbi

menehune said...

Such a juxtaposition that eloquently beautiful words could explain or define some horrendous tragedies on the African continent. Beautiful post, Barb, thanks for sharing.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Have I told you recently that your blog is beautiful.
When I most need it... remind me that fairy tale are true.

barb cabot said...

Sandra, Menhune and Sandi, thank you for your comments. I do want to believe that sometimes there are those moments in life that Fairy Tales do come true. I think it's like believing in miracles,or Providence or God. You just need to keep believing.

nancyhol said...

What lovely sentiments! Thank you for sharing.

Anne said...

Barb, it really is neat how we are drawn to the same authors. I have a couple of Okri's books, but rarely encounter anyone else in my circles who's heard of him! I love this entry, it really lifted my heart on this draggy day. Thanks so much, my friend :)

barb cabot said...

Anne, I know, I know...love your blog and feel so in tune with you. We are indeed "Soul Sisters".

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin