Monday, March 5, 2012

Weekend In Santa Monica

Spent a really wonderful weekend in Santa Monica starting with a belated birthday dinner celebration for me at Eva Restaurant in West Hollywood Saturday night.


7458 Beverly BlvdLos Angeles, CA 90036
West, West Hollywood
(323) 634-0700
http://www.evarestaurantla.com/




I was invited by my cousin Ann for this wonderful eating adventure.




The ambiance at Eva Restaurant is cozy and comfortable. The menu is ever changing depending on what chef Mark Gold has bought from locally sourced producers. We were in for a tasting treat which started with




some bubbly champagne

and





the freshest oysters....mmm













Mmmmmm some more,









Oysters were followed by a lovely salad with fresh greens and wonderful beets, the main was
drake duck breast, braised radish, turnip, tea smoked plum (really delicious) , dessert was a deep chocolate pudding with toasted hazelnuts,maldon salt and a side of marshmellow fluff.








I was a very happy camper. Feeling very satisfied we took ourselves back to Ann's place in Santa Monica where we happily chatted for hours til we got so sleepy we headed for bed just before midnight.

Sunday morning


Woke up to a beautiful sunny 80 degree morning and leisurely made our way to breakfast. Ann provided several wonderful choices for breakfast destinations. One of them was a small little place in Culver City called Rutts, a funny name for a Hawaiian restaurant. I had heard alot about this place and wanted to try Rutts. It did not disappoint.
















Ann ordered a half portion of the Rutt's famous Royale fried rice. This dish has veggies, rice, eggs, Portuguese sausage and pork all mixed and fried up together with sauces.








I ordered a regular portion of the cha siu fried rice with eggs mixed in but could only finish half. It was delicious but too much for me.





Rutts is a small little informal place. I would love to go back and try some other hawaiian dishes for lunch or dinner sometime.





http://www.ruttscafe.com/




After breakfast Ann drove me to several interesting shops. We then headed back to her place and while she did some work on her computer I enjoyed reading some of her books and taking pictures of some of the interesting little things she collects.






This little musical guinea pig is one of my favorites. He's a little fisherman.


















































I felt like this "lucky cat" to have had such a nice birthday time with my cousin. After resting up at Ann's I left for another adventure nearby. But more on that in tomorrow's blog.






















































No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin