Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day May 12, 2013

This is what Mother's Day 2013 looked like at Sunset Beach California.  My husband asked me how I wanted to spend the day. My response: "I'd love to relax on the beach."



There was a haze and an ocean breeze so it was not especially hot. There were a few surfers out but it was quiet and peaceful on the beach.


The once a year Mother's Day Arts and Crafts sale was being held very nearby.


It's always enjoyable to take a look at all the local art that is being sold.


We bumped into some of our dear family friends who were enjoying the festival.


After lounging on the beach we drove south on Pacific Coast Highway to Huntington Beach where the new expanded outdoor shops on 5th and PCH have opened.


This is a popular surf shop in the area.  We stopped here to buy some things.




It was a wonderful way to spend Mother's Day!  I will be posting about our nice dinner at Caffe` Italiano   tomorrow.  A perfect little place that capped off our evening on Sunday night.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin