Monday, October 28, 2013

Carousels

I love carousels.  I will never be too old to want to ride one.   As the years go by, I might have to choose to sit on a little painted bench that goes round and round while the horses go up and down but still I will choose to ride.  I love the lights and the painted horses.  I love the music and I especially   love to see little children faces light up when they spot their mom and dad as they round a corner. Everyone is so gleeful and seemingly surprised time and time again.  Riders and spectators wave to each other with great abandon. Riders disappear as the carousel makes another circle,  and then the crowd roars and waves upon recognition, "there he is", a name is called, a little childs face lights up, smiles abound.  Generation after generation the joy never dies.






No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin