Sunday, April 27, 2014

A Cozier, Warmer Little World

I posted this on my facebook page Friday April 25, 2014

The world in all it's magnitude and glory seems smaller and more cozy and warm this morning. My globe trotting friends Marcia & David  are posting photos today of a sunny morning stroll in Rome, flowers in Campo di Fiori , the glorious Trevi Fountains, while others are posting photos of their day tripping in the south of France Cindy  or bar hopping in Dubronik Shannon. Be still my heart. Something very sweet happens in my soul when I think of friends far and near and how travel or the thought of travel brings so many friends together. Yesterday I had arranged to pick up a package at Marcia's home before my night out with some friends that live near her in South Pasadena. It was long ago that I was supposed to pick up a package/surprise gift from Diana who had passed on the gift to Sharon in Italy. Sharon brought it back and gave it to Marcia in San Francisco to give to me in L.A. Sounds like a riddle or some new game. Phew long story, fast forward a year and yesterday I got the package. This morning I opened it up to find two beautiful ceramic dishes that Diana made. It was the sweetest most thoughtful gift. Diana this is a long overdue thank you which you must have thought me so remiss in delivering. So thank you my friend for such a beautiful present which I truly will treasure always. Thanks also to all my world travelling friends who gift me with their daily postings of travel. Hugs to all of you!

The package was just where Marcia said it would be on her porch.


Every layer of gift wrap revealed a lovely surprise. 


Tucked inside this sweet and thoughtful message:


Oh What treasures from Diana Strinati Baur, my artist friend and talented author of " True Vines.* Thank you ever so much Diana. These are very very special to me. 


*You can order Diana's wonderful first novel," True Vines" here"
http://www.amazon.com/True-Vines-Diana-Strinati-Baur/dp/0982102348

1 comment:

carol l mckenna said...

What a lovely created gift ~ Happy Sunday to you, xoxo ~

artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin