Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Fresh Strawberry Pie

Here's an easy delicious summer fruit pie recipe that my friend Marion gave me.

1 cup sugar (I used 3/4 cup)
3 Tblsp. strawberry jello (one small package)
3 Tblsp. cornstarch
1/2 tsp. red food coloring (opt.)
1 1/2 cup water
2 cups sliced fresh strawberries (I used three 16 oz. containers. I saved some whole strawberries for the top of the pie and cut the rest in halves for the main part of the pie. I dipped the cut strawberries first in the glaze and then dipped the whole strawberries last).
9 inch baked pie crust-cooled.


 Directions:
Bake your pie crust according to your own recipe and cool. 
Mix sugar, jello dry from box, cornstarch, and water in a saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil stirring constantly until clear.  Add coloring if desired, and cool to lukewarm.  Gently stir in berries.  Pour into cooked pie shell, top with the whole berries that have been dipped in glaze and chill. Top with whipped cream.  This is also a good fruit pie recipe for peaches or raspberries. Just substitute jello flavor to match fruit.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin