Thursday, January 4, 2018

Some Thoughts On My Birthday





Today as I celebrate  my birthday I am profoundly thankful for the time I have been given to experience this life.  All the months, days and years of time to learn, love and appreciate the lessons of this journey. Sometimes people ask "If I had to do it all over again what would I do differently?" My answer is I would not change anything. I've made plenty of mistakes but I was lucky enough  that those choices did not adversely affect me in the long review of my life. I was always kinda happy that I was born in early January. I liked that it coincided with the beginning of a new year.     Every birthday felt like another chance to make the year ahead meaningful and important. I am ever grateful to all the lovely souls, family, friends and even strangers that helped me  be a better person.   


"Who gets to determine when the old
ends and the new begins? It's not on 
the calendar, it's not a birthday, it's 
not a new year. It's an event, big or small,
something changes us. Ideally, that gives 
us hope, a new way of living and looking
at the world, a way of letting go of old
habits, old memories. What's important
is that we never stop believing we can
have a new beginning,.." - Meredith Grey

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin