Friday, November 16, 2018

Out of the Mouths of Babes

> Subject: What does LOVE mean?
> >
> >
> >
> > A group of professional people posed this question
> to a group of 4 to 8
> > year-olds, "What does love mean? "The answers they
> got were broader and
> > deeper than anyone could have imagined:
> >
> > When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn't
> bend over and paint her
> > toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for
> her all the time, even
> > when his hands got arthritis too. That's love."
> Rebecca - age 8
> >
> > "When someone loves you, the way they say your
> name is different. You
> > know that your name is safe in their mouth." Billy
> - age 4
> >
> > "Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy
> puts on shaving cologne
> > and they go out and smell each other." Karl - age
> 5
> >
> > "Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody
> most of your French
> > fries without making them give you any of theirs."
> Chrissy - age 6
> >
> > "Love is what makes you smile when you're tired."
> Terri - age 4
> >
> > "Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy
> and she takes a sip
> > before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is
> OK." Danny - age 7
> >
> > "Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you
> get tired of
> > kissing, you still want to be together and you
> talk more. My Mommy and
> > Daddy are like that. They look gross when they
> kiss." Emily - age 8
> >
> > "Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas
> if you stop opening
> > presents and listen." Bobby - age 7
> >
> > "If you want to learn to love better, you should
> start with a friend
> > who you hate." Nikka - age 6
> >
> > "Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt,
> then he wears it
> > everyday." Noelle - age 7
> >
> > "Love is like a little old woman and a little old
> man who are still
> > friends even after they know each other so well."
> Tommy - age 6
> >
> > "During my piano recital, I was on a stage and
> scared. I looked at all
> > the people watching me and saw my daddy waving and
> smiling. He was the
> > only one doing that. I wasn't scared anymore."
> Cindy - age 8
> >
> > "My mommy loves me more than anybody. You don't
> see anyone else kissing
> > me to sleep at night." Clare - Age 6
> >
> > "Love is when mommy gives daddy the best piece of
> chicken." Elaine age 6
> >
> > "Love is when mommy sees daddy smelly and sweaty
> and still says he is
> > handsomer than Robert Redbird." Chris - age 7
> >
> > "Love is when your puppy licks your face even
> after you left him alone
> > all day." Mary Ann - age 4
> >
> > "I know my older sister loves me because she gives
> me all her old
> > clothes and has to go out and buy new ones."
> Lauren - age 4
> >
> > "I let my big sister pick on me because my Mom
> says she only picks on
> > me because she loves me. So I pick on my baby
> sister because I love
> > her." Bethany - age 4
> >
> > "When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and
> down and little stars
> > come out of you." Karen - age 7
> >
> > "Love is when mommy sees daddy on the toilet and
> she doesn't think it's
> > gross."  Mark - age 6
> >
> > "You really shouldn't say 'I love you' unless you
> mean it. But if you
> > mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget."
> Jessica - age 8
> >
> > *** The winner was a four year old child whose
> next door neighbor was
> > an elderly gentleman who had recently lost his
> wife. Upon seeing the
> > man cry, the little boy went into the old
> gentleman's yard, climbed
> > onto his lap, and just sat there. When his mother
> asked him what he had
> > said to the neighbor, the little boy said,
> "Nothing, I just helped him
> > cry."
> >
> > LOVE SOUNDS SO SIMPLE. WHY DO WE TEND TO MAKE IT

> SO DIFFICULT

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin