Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Such A Good Hand

I received this photo of Sofia and her dad playing cards and it reminded me of a story about my dad which I call "Such a good hand." My dad in his retirement years was a Screen Actors Guild extra. He did many small speaking roles and this was surprising as he was so mild mannered and quiet. One acting job he was sitting around playing cards and the director told him "when this guy runs through the room you need to stop and point he went that way." Well the cameras were rolling and the guy runs through the room and my dad does not do what he's supposed to do. The director yells "CUT!" and he goes up to my dad. "Bill, do you understand what you are supposed to do?" My mild mannered dad responds, "Yes". Director says "Well then why didn't you do it?" My dads says, "I couldn't stop playing, my cards were great and I had such a good hand!"

 Image may contain: 4 people, including Daniele Forlino, people smiling, people sitting, table and indoor

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin