Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Wonderful Birthday

Celebrated my birthday this year with my daughter Athena and her boyfriend Mat who arrived the evening of the 3rd from their winter holiday in England.  They are spending one week in Long Beach with us before returning home to Sydney Australia.  The day was perfect from morning til night.
  Here's how the day went:

Drove to Seal Beach near home for a 9:00 massage at Vida Organic Life Massage (love this place)!*


Debbie (left) is a truly wonderful masseuse.  She has healing hands and treatments are based on individual needs.  She amazes me with her knowledge and expertise. Like a mind reader she seems to know without me saying anything what areas need work. Lovely Julia on the right is the receptionist.  She can explain all the specialty  therapy treatments the wellness center offers.  Everyone here is friendly and knowledgeable. "Only 100% natural and organic products are used during all the treatments specially chosen for your session based on the Ayurvedic Medicine Philosophy of your health requirements."

Their brochure says, "Come visit us and experience a cozy and comfortable spa atmosphere while you connect with nature and your own self."  Here I am with Debbie feeling totally relaxed and connected to the world and to myself!  The massage was a perfect way to start my birthday. Thank you so much Debbie and Vida Spa.

Downstairs and next door to Vida is Crema cafe's artisan bakery.  Love love love this place. Stopped here to pick up desserts for tonight.

By the time I got home my husband Mike had worked half a day and was home to help me celebrate along with Athena and Mat.

Off to have In and Out burgers for lunch before our movie matinee

Athena and Mat have a long list of "must have foods" while in town.  Glad we were able to accommodate. Great birthday lunch.

Off to the movies..."Life of Pi" in 3D  Loved it!


When I got home we found these beautiful flowers on the porch.  They were from my good friend and fellow teacher, Lynda.

Thank you Lynda. They are so beautiful and it was such a sweet and thoughtful gesture.  What a nice surprise.


Had a nice dinner at the Fish Company in Los Alamitos followed by present opening at home.
My daughter Athena gave me a very special "pointillism" drawing that she did.  This style drawing uses hundreds/thousands of tiny little pencil points to create an image.  Just love this flower she did for me.




Best gift of all to have Athena home with us for my birthday.


Ended the evening with our desserts. A sweet end to a very sweet day!

*Vida Organic Wellness
320 Main Street Suite C
Seal Beach, Ca. 90740
viaorganicwellness.com

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin