Tuesday, August 21, 2018

A Letter for a Mother from her Daughter

10-16-03

My dear Mamma Louie-
I just wanted to let you know that I have been thinking of you and wish I could say or do something to help you through this time.  I am so proud of you for everything you've done and are trying to do; I think it's time that we all let go of the word "failure" and try to see every choice as presenting us with equitably fortunate possibilities.  No matter what we do, or what happens to us in life, let's call that meaningful and go forward from there. Instead of worrying about the decisions we need to make let's drink tea, play solitaire, drive by the ocean, play Julio Iglesias, plan  a vacation to Italy, meet friends for coffee, go out to dinner and rent foreign films. 

No matter what you decide or what life decides for you, I will be so proud to have you as my mother. Every day I think about how lucky I was to get you for my Momma Louie.  I credit you with all that I am and the way I see the world. When I am proud of myself, I am proud of you.  "Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it." ...I LOVE YOU MOM!

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin