Saturday, August 4, 2018

Family Doppelganger



Yesterday my brother and I were with other family members at a festival in Little Tokyo in Los Angeles. We were seated in a big hall eating at large communal table. I looked at a woman seated very nearby and was so surprised that she looked so much like my mother's eldest sister "Mary".  My brother had stepped away and when he returned I remarked to him the resemblance and he said he had just seen her and thought the same thing. We found a family doppleganger.

Here's a photo of the woman we saw:


And then a photo of  Auntie Mary


*Wikipedia describes a "doppleganger" in a non-biologically related look-alike or double of a living person." I think we've sometimes experienced seeing someone and saying "You look just like someone I know."

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin