Sunday, August 2, 2020

A New Student Abiba

Every day Sofia says something which makes me laugh. This morning she face timed me early. She always begins her call with "Gramma am I interrupting you now?" My response most always is "Of course not! I'm so happy to see you." She loves to play school and she designates our jobs as "teachers". Today she said we have a new student and she wrote random letters on a paper.* Gramma read the new student's name. I read "Abiba" and then I started to laugh. She immediately said "Students it is not nice to laugh at someone's name." Then she asked me" Teacher Barbara where are we taking the students today?" I said how about a science museum the students want to learn about planets. Sofia enthusiastically said great and grabbed her globe to show the students planet Earth. Then she spun the globe and said "Hey Gramma look here's Paris!"(There conveniently was a small Eiffel tower on the globe). Wonderful I said and now can you show the students where Italy is? She immediately said "Well I'm an expert on SPACE but not Earth!."




*What I didn't write  about Sofia was that the name of the new student in our make believe class was (she wrote these letters on the clip board). Foiarbg. I couln't even pronounce it so I said I think it's Abiba. yes the new student's name is Abiba. She accepted that. Then today we were playing again and I have to amuse myself because she asked the last name of Abiba and I said yes it's Abiba Habiba. (I had to muffle my laughter). Just as I had to laugh yesterday when I said the name of the student was Abiba and I laughed out loud and she didn't skip a beat and never smiled and said "It's not nice to laugh at a student's name". So today when she said let's spell Abiba and I said okay it's ...."A" and she said no it's not the name started with an "F" yesterday. Then she said where is my clipboard and I knew I was busted. She found her clip board and said here it is Foiarbg. That's how you spell Abiba. I knew that would be bad for sounding out F so I said you know how you have three names Sofia Filomena Forlino well this students name is Abiba Foiarbg Habiba.  It's very hard to put one over on her. She accepted that.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin