Monday, December 11, 2023

Travel Whenever, Wherever You Possibly Can

 

I’ve been thinking a lot lately about the importance of travel in my life and how I owe so much to my mother for instilling a love of seeing the world. For so much of her life she worked hard along with my dad so that we could see and do things she herself had only dreamed of. She sent me to on a trip to europe before she had ever gone there. She asked me if I wanted to go when I had no curiosity or want to see beyond my own little young life. That trip forever changed me. Now, whenever I see young people I think yes go out see as much of the world as possible. Travel is eye opening and magical at any age but it can open your heart and soul beyond anything you could imagine especially when you are young. Here’s a nod to my young niece Amanda just a few years beyond her graduation from Duke University. She had a couple weeks vacation time she had to use up from her job in D.C. so on the spur of the moment she left last Saturday for a very unplanned trip to Japan. We received this picture yesterday with a caption “doing fine !”
“The only adventure you regret is the one you didn't take.” ... oh and PS my mom in her later years travelled all over Western Europe, South America, Japan, China and Russia. Her travel dreams were realized at last.
 

 

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin