Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Happy Birthday ARIA




I'd bake you a "Crown Jewel" cake



And give you some flowers too


and then I would share this poem by John Ciardi :


"I want to tell you a gentlest thing,

like light to you- like old faces being fed a good memory from inside themselves-

like eyes that do not watch but slowly meet across a room

in which everyone is and

no one need hurry to what he is sure of.


I want to say before we run out of rooms

and everyone

that I am slowest, surest, gentlest too

across whatever room

I look at you."


Happy, Happy Birthday Aria.

May all good things surround you and fill your life with joy.


I love you!

Mom




6 comments:

Sandra said...

Barb, Happy Birthday to your daughter, she is a very lucky girl to have such a loving mother.

menehune said...

i second what sandra said. m

Anne said...

I third what Sandra said! Aria is a very lucky girl indeed, Barb. Your love shines radiantly in this post!

Justabeachkat said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter. I hope her day was special.

Hugs!
Kat

Holly said...

ah...the girl's birthday...congrats MOM!! check out Jordan's blogpost yesterday...it's a sweet picture of our two lovelies!!

girasoli said...

A belated Happy Birthday to Aria. She is a lucky daughter to have such a wonderful mom.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin