Sunday, February 7, 2010

Some Television Nostagia

I had to cancel pretty much all my weekend plans due to having some kind of flu. The weather has been rainy, gray and cold for several days. What's a person to do under these circumstances?

Well, this is what I did...

found a cozy spot, bundled myself in a soft, fuzzy robe and pulled out the complete series of one of my favorite t.v. dramas called "Felicity" . I remember when this series first started how I could hardly wait to see the next episode. My daughter and I watched this program together. We had so much fun each week, laughing or cringing or being happy for what was going on in the main character, Felicity's life. Everyone must have at least one t.v. series that does that for them. One that pulls you in and gets you so involved with the characters. This show was that for us.


Here's a summary of why this show was so captivating for alot of people:

"I think the reason that so many people love the show is because it mirrors our own lives at times. Although our circumstances may not be the same, we can appreciate the emotions and situations of the characters. Life's lessons are hard, but it helps to know that you're not alone in it all. " (from http://www.felcitypage.com/)


"Felicity" was an American prime time television show produced for the WB network. The series revolves around the fictional college experiences of the title character, Felicity Porter(played by Keri Russell), as she attends the "University of New York", based on NYU across the country from her home in Palo Alto, California. The show ran for four seasons from 1998 to 2002, with each season corresponding to the traditional freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior years .The series was created by J. J. Abrams and Matt Reeves.


"Sometimes it's the smallest decisions that can pretty much change your life forever. "- Felicity

2 comments:

girasoli said...

I LOVED Felicity and was so bummed when it ended. J. J. Abrams has created 3 series I have loved - Felicity, Alias, and Lost.

I hope you are feeling better. Great way to pass the time :)

Laurie said...

You know, I never watched that show! I heard it was good. I'm glad it was there to comfort you. I hope you feel better now!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin