Sunday, December 26, 2010

Welcome Morning

There is joy in all

in the hair I brush each morning,


in the cannon towel newly washed, that I rub my body with each morning
in the outcry from the kettle that heats my tea each morning...




in the spoon and the chair that cry, "Hello there..." each morning

in the godhead of the table that I set my silver, plate, cup upon each morning. All this is God, right here in my pea green house each morning




and I mean, though often forget, to faint down by the kitchen table in prayer of rejoicing as the holy birds at the kitchen window peck for their marriage of seeds.
So while I think of it, let me paint a thank you on my palm for this God,
this laughter of the morning, lest it go unspoken. The joy that isn't shared,
I've heard dies young." -Anne Sexton









2 comments:

Laurie said...

Amen!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Barb! The poem AND the images! xo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin