Saturday, February 14, 2015

A Lovely Valentine's Treat



Had the nicest, nostalgic Valentine's double date with my childhood friend Terry and her husband Bruce last night. Dinner and then a concert of music from the 60's and 70's at the Honda Center.









 What a throw back to our youth. It's the wonder of music how a certain song can transport you to a time and place so long ago. Suddenly last night I'm hearing Barbara Lewis (yes she's still around ) singing "Hello Stranger" and "Baby I'm Yours" and all of a sudden I'm not only remembering a summer I spent in Hawaii but I'm THERE! Same kind of crazy nostalgia hearing Deniece Williams sing "Let's hear it for the boys", Billy Paul singing "Me and Mrs. Jones", Eddie Holman singing "Hey there, Lonely Girl".    A total Oldies but Goodies night and a perfect Valentine's date with old friends.





Thanks to our friends Terry and Bruce for making this special night possible.
What a lovely Valentine's Treat! 





No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin