Monday, March 23, 2020

Laguna Beach Locale

Image may contain: 2 people
Laguna beach has got to be my favorite southern California beach and on my list of places to visit whenever we have friends that come from out of town and out of the country. I've gone there since I was a teenager and have often said the view from Las Brisas restaurant and that walk near by is one of the most stunning views of the Pacific ocean. This weekend we happened to watch the movie " Now, Voyager". It is a 1942 American drama film starring Bette Davis, Paul Henreid, and Claude Rains, and directed by Irving Rapper. In a particular scene Bette Davis meets a handsome stranger Paul Henreid on a large ship traveling to Rio. They have to share a ride upon one of the ships dockings and they go to lunch. It's a lovely spot and I recognized this at the very spot where there now stands "Las Brisas". They also walk to the overlook by the restaurant a spot that anyone that knows Laguna has stood. There is a glimpse in the background of the small wooden pavilion look out point. I said to Mike that looks just like Laguna! Today i googled movie locations and found out it was indeed exactly what I thought. This is for all of you that love Laguna as I do. I attach the scene where Bette Davis sits at the site of present day Las Brisas and some photos of the day my italian family visited with a day trip to the very same spot.

 Image may contain: sky, tree, plant, ocean, outdoor, nature and water




 Image may contain: 10 people, including Jocelyn Yamadera Cassano, Claudia Manzoni, Daniele Forlino, Ylenia Forlino and Andrea Freddy Forlino, people smiling, people standing, ocean, sky, cloud, mountain, outdoor, nature and water

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin