Thursday, August 31, 2023

Childhood Summers

 

 


I remember summer days as a child. They felt so long and hot. My parents both worked. My grandma lived with us and she would be inside while we played outside all day long. My brother made a skate board out of a plank of wood and old roller skate wheels. I loved to play jacks on the front porch and hop scotch. I drew the squares with chalk and used two Bobbie pins as a lagger or a chain like the one in the photo above, to throw on the squares. We loved to play tether ball but we didn’t have a real ball. We improvised and tied a rope at the top of a tree. For the ball we took a big square cloth and stuffed a lot of rags and tied it to the rope. It worked fine for awhile til we hit it very hard and the cloth opened and all the rags would go flying everywhere . We’d laugh so hard then gather all the rags and make another ball and continue to play. This makes our childhood sound so poor but if you ask my brother he’d say we had the best childhood and I’d agree with him. Ahhh summer you make me smile!

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin