Sunday, August 6, 2023

Karen's Birthday Celebration

 


Tonight was a precious evening for me. We were celebrating my friend Karen's  birthday hosted by her children in their home. We have known each other for over 50 years. This quote came to mind: "It is threads, hundreds of threads which sew people together through the years." When you sit across the table from someone you've shared this many years with, your mind captures images over a lifetime. We became friends through my sister Jocelyn.  Karen and Jocelyn went to Alhambra High school together. I was the older sister that drove my sister to Karen's house. She became my friend too. Years later after college we lived a few streets away by UCLA. We shared so many, many wild and crazy times together. Costume parties, lunar landing parties, travel, birthday,wedding, baby showers. I have pictures of our parents dancing together at our weddings. One of my fondest memories was when we were both dating our future husbands and we four drove in Karen's VW bug to a resort called "Two Bunch Palms" in the desert. I include a picture of the four of us. We were very young. Who could have told us that the years would give us so many more wonderful adventures together. Wishing my dear friend a very Happy Birthday. May we celebrate many more happy times together.

 



Me, Karen and Jocelyn

 

Karen and Alan


Joce, Karen and Janet















No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin