Sunday, February 20, 2011

Post Birthday Dinner Celebration

Although my birthday was in January I was invited to a belated birthday dinner celebration with my cousin Ann. She had planned a very special evening at Osteria Mozza in West Hollywood. Reservations are difficult to come by and need to be made several weeks in advance. I was looking forward to this evening. It's fun to stretch out these celebrations of life for as long as possible. At least that's my motto.




The interior of Mozza is quiet and elegant. I loved the subdued lighting and the lovely
ambiance.


In the center of the restaurant is a busy mozarella bar.


The main dining room was quickly filling up. Service is swift and well organized. All the staff
were extremely cordial and helpful.


We started with a glass of Prosecco.

A complimentary dish of crostini topped with ricotta, black olive tapenade and basil was served.


From the mozarella bar we ordered Burrata cheese with leeks vinaigrette and mustard breadcrumbs with bacon, marinated escarole and carmelized shallots. Every bite was heavenly!

This was followed by the antipasti which was grilled octopus with potatoes, lemon and celery.

For our Primi we had Tagliatelle verde with lamb ragu, olive taggiasche and mint.





A lovely vino rosso was a good choice.




For our secondi roasted pork loin with fennel and onion with olives.


The pork was accompanied by the contorni . We chose sauteed broccolini with chiles and vinegar.




Espresso anyone?



My birthday dolci came with a candle. I made a wish before I took the photo so no picture with a lit candle. I hope my wish comes true.
This was a rosemary olive oil cake with gelato and rosemary brittle. I think that's what we ordered but now when I recall the taste it was more like an almond dessert with marinated tangerines. Whatever it was, it was delicious.
A second dessert was ordered but I don't know why because we were both so full.


Here is this beautiful choccolata bitter sweet cake with perugian chocolates. Oh my!


Next door to the Osteria is the Pizzeria Mozza. We want to try that one too!




And if you don't have reservations or time to dine in you can go right next door to the adjoining "Take out" for Mozza. It looks great as well.






“Enchant, stay beautiful and graceful, but do this, eat well. Bring the same consideration to the preparation of your food as you devote to your appearance. Let your dinner be a poem, like your dress.”
Charles Pierre Monselet (1825-1888)(rench journalist and author, "Letters to Emily"


















5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky you! We loved our lunch at Mozza (even if they did get all crazed about my taking pictures). Next time we're in LA I will have to get to the Osteria.

Good times, good times!

Anonymous said...

Lucky you! We loved our lunch at Mozza (even if they did get all crazed about my taking pictures). Next time we're in LA I will have to get to the Osteria.

Good times, good times!

barb cabot said...

I sort of cringe because I want to take photos of everything wherever I am. My family will tell me, "Oh no, not again!"

Eden said...

Barb, what an elegant way to celebrate you! So fitting. I am going to have to find that restaurant when I find myself down in So Cal.

Like you, I take photos of everything... my family have gotten used to it... friends?... I still have to convert them into my "photos before eating practice" ... LOL

Justabeachkat said...

What a way to celebrate your birthday! Everything looked amazing.

Hugs,
Kat

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin