Wednesday, August 1, 2018

A Long Time Ago

I think I've said this many times in my life "travel as much as you can, as often as you can. Travel near and far and your life will be enriched far beyond whatever dollar amount it cost." In 1971 I took my first trip to Europe with two cousins and a friend. Along the way during that 9 week adventure we met a couple of Danes in Rotterdam. Those two guys Arne Pedersen and Freddy Mortensen became our life long friends and for 15 consecutive years there was a Danish- American exchange whereby their family and friends and ours traveled each year to one another's homes broadening the circle of friends. In '74 I visited Denmark with my sister and again in '78 with My then boyfriend ( now husband) Mike. We had so many parties here and there it was crazy fun. In 1974 one of the friends I made was Torben Gybel Jensen he then visited and stayed withMike and me in 1979. Again a summer of so many crazy parties! Fast forward to today and Torben's two grown sons ages 22 and 28 are finishing up a month long first time tour in America, they are arriving in long Beach tomorrow for the last 5 days of their trip. I'm so excited to meet Torbens sons and to do some sightseeing with them. Putting on my tour guide hat and fine tuning my "things to see in Southern California" list. How great to meet the next generation of Travelers and to continue this wonderful Danish-American connection!


 Image may contain: one or more people

 Image may contain: 9 people, people smiling, people standing

 Image may contain: 1 person, indoor


 Image may contain: plant and outdoor

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin