Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Catch a Falling Star and Put It In Your Pocket


My Dad- Love this "Batman lounging outfit" -gift from my sister Jocelyn

I had a wonderful lunch with my 91 year old dad the other day and then we spent a couple of hours with my teenage nephews and their friends at my brothers home. Thank God my dad is still mobile and his mind is clear with a memory better than my own. I was talking to him about old songs just to keep the conversation light. I was talking about loving old Perry Como songs and saying, Remember the old Perry Como show and the Dean Martin show that we used to watch?

My dad said,

"Be careful Barbara. You're showing your age!"
I had to laugh.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It must be so wonderful spending time with your dad. And what a great sense of humor he has. He looks and sounds great for 91. God bless.

Anonymous said...

Your dad does not look 91! He looks great, and it's wonderful his mind is still sharp.

The Huntress Talks said...

hahaha oh this was the cutest and funniest story ever!! I'm so glad you still have these moments with your father! :)

Anonymous said...

Your dad looks fantastic! I love his "be careful" comment.

Laurie said...

How wonderful that you have such longevity in your family! This is a very good sign -- I think you will be "showing your age" for a long time to come.

Barb, thank you for your kind comments on my blog, about Audrey. I remember when she passed away, the outpouring of affection for her among everyone I knew. She was the actress we all loved, but maybe didn't know just how much until she was gone.

barb cabot said...

Laurie I just adored Audrey Hepburn as you do. I felt the same way about Princess Diana, totally so sad to hear of her passing. Unreal because it seemed they should always exist in our lives. I guess they still do in many ways.

Anonymous said...

Hey Barb,
How nice to "meet" your dad; thanks for sharing him with us.

Sandrac said...

Good one -- and I love your Dad's outfit!

girasoli said...

You have a very special dad. Love those pj's! I am so glad you had such a wonderful day with your dad. I had to laugh at his comment. I think Perry Como is just a little too old for me, although I do remember watching the The Lawrence Welk Show with the bubbles and dancing with my grandparents when I was little.

barb cabot said...

Girasoli, My dad loves Lawrence Welk too!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin