Sunday, September 6, 2009

Behind Every Cloud There's a Silver Lining

Photo courtesy of: http://www.slowtrav.com/blog/annienc/
"Winter in Venice with the sun setting behind the church of San Giorgio Maggiore "


"Above all else: go out with a sense of humor.


It is needed armor.


Joy in one's heart and some laughter on one's lips is a sign that the person down deep has a pretty good grasp of life."~Hugh Sidey




It's been hard for me to see the glass as half full lately. I have been feeling quite challenged by some recent difficult events. I've been praying for restoration of my usual positive vision in life. I've been reflecting on things I post in my own blog for strength through the words of others that have given me joy in the past. I've looked to other posts for spiritual renewal and I've prayed every day for patience and guidance and strength.
This morning I believe my prayers led me to two blogsites. One for the photo posted above which made me think: " how can I feel sad when there is a sunset on our earth as beautiful as this one. " Just the lovely, romantic title, "Winter in Venice" brought happiness to my heart. Then I read this verse by Hugh Sidney that another friend had posted on her blog which reminded me how important it is to keep laughter in our lives. Thanks to those two bloggers and to all the kind friends who have offered words of support and love during my time of challenges.
When I put things into perspective it is far more important for me to focus on the positives in life.
As my daughters always tell me:
"Everything will be okay!"

7 comments:

Jerry said...

Barb - I am one of those twisted folks who LOVES the challenges in life. I view each as a fresh battle . . . a new adversary over which I shall prevail. I figure that each will make me a better person.

Remember as well that you have lots of folks at your side as you face each new challenge!

Annie said...

Barb, I'm sorry you're going through a challenging time. Your blog has perked me up many times, and I'm thrilled to have returned the favor this weekend.

Sometimes I think these low times and challenging events come to us just so we can put our faith in action. Not always easy! Hang in there and your daughters are right, it WILL be okay! :)

barb cabot said...

Jerry and Annie, Thanks for your thoughts. It helps.

Justabeachkat said...

Sweet girlfriend, I hope things improve quickly for you.

Hugs!
Kat

Sandra said...

Dear Barb, Remember, it is always darkest before the storm, and then comes the rainbow to show its beautiful colors,which helps restore our strength in ourselves and our faith. This too shall pass.

Hugs to you,my dear friend.

barb cabot said...

Sandra and Kat, Thank you very much for your kind words. Everything you have is so appreciated.

Laurie said...

I hope all is getting better; I'm a bit behind in my blog reading. Your blog is always so inspiring - leave it to you to have the strength to seek inspiration when you're feeling down. Hugs.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin