Sunday, February 27, 2011

The OSCARS 2011

The annual Academy Awards show is tonight. It's commonly referred to as
"The Oscars". It's a big night in my household. It has been a tradition since I was a child
to watch all the "stars" come out and to see which films and movie stars are recognized.

So now it's time to bring the champagne out...

Bring out all the appetizers...


Take a look at all the lovely gowns...



A tradition for me is to put on some bling. I think she's got the right idea!




Growing up I loved these movie stars.


Audrey Hepburn




Grace Kelly





Ingrid Bergman


Wonder who the Oscars will go to tonight?




We'll just have to tune in and see.




Here's a memorable Oscar recipients acceptance speech:


"Never once in my life did my parents say, 'What you're doing is a waste of time.' ... I know there are kids out there that don't have that support system so if you're out there and you're listening, listen to me:

You want to be creative? Get out there and do it, it's not a waste of time."












-- Michael Giacchino, after winning the award for Best Original Score for Up

2 comments:

Rane Anderson said...

I hope Colin Firth wins for Best Actor in The King's Speech

barb cabot said...

Rane, I hope so too! I loved him in the Kings Speech. Go Colin!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin