Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Aperol Spritz

Here's a refreshing summer aperitivo:

Left- right Aperol Spritz, Campari and Soda

Several Italian regions lay claim to the origins of the Spritz. In fact, the proportions and the ingredients differ vastly from area to area. While Venetians might use Aperol and Prosecco, Paduans might mix still white wine with Campari. Here is a version with Aperol and sparkling wine. Whether you use still or sparkling wine, or your bitter apĂ©ritif is Aperol, Campari, or Cynar, top it with soda water and you’ve got a Spritz.

INGREDIENTS 1 1/2 ounces Aperol 3 ounces Prosecco or sparkling wine, chilled Sparkling mineral water or club soda, chilled 1 lemon or orange slice In an ice-filled rocks glass, stir together the Aperol, Prosecco and club soda. Garnish with the lemon or orange twist.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's funny - try as I might I just can't fall in love with Campari. My mom managed to knock more than a few of these back while we were in Venice.

barb cabot said...

I favored the Aperol Spritz over the campari and soda myself. I bet your mom was a hoot in Venice!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin