Monday, June 27, 2016

A Day at The Los Angeles County Museum of Art

My dear college friend Daniella was in town with her partner Kim and we were able to meet up at LACMA for a fun day of catch up and art.





 My cousin Nancy was able to join in too.



 Most important to Daniella was viewing the Agnes Martin (1912-2004) Retrospective.  A really wonderful and inspiring show beginning with early biomorphic works then intricate grids to her later famous striped very beautiful and subtle canvasses.


The orangy cousins (we did not plan our matching outfits) standing in front of a biomorphic early painting of Agnes Martin.


They say it's the "new" black if you know what I mean.  We like a touch of blue too!

We were in awe of these intricate grids...


 I think her stripes are so beautiful.

My dear Daniella I'm so happy we were able to make this reunion at LACMA happen. Great to see you and Kim and look forward to seeing you again. You are "fabulous Dahlink"!

After saying goodbye to Daniella and Kim, Nancy and I took in the Robert Mapplethorpe photography exhibit and a wonderful men's fashion exhibit called, "Reigning Men". 
 Reigning Men: Fashion in Menswear, 1715–2015 explores the history of men’s fashionable dress from the eighteenth century to the present and re-examines the all-too-frequent equation of “fashion” with “femininity.” It was so much fun!






























 Time for the Orangy cousins to head to dinner. We met up with my sister and friend Mayo for dinner at Casablanca but that story has already been written. See the link below for our further adventures that night.



http://followbarbsbliss.blogspot.it/2016/06/play-it-again-sam.html


1 comment:

Kim Tyler said...

I loved reading this, and enjoyed your beautiful photos! It was fabulous for us to have time with you and Nancy, so special! I love getting to know you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin