Monday, April 9, 2018

A Discovery Under The Sun

I've been trying to change my eating habits by incorporating a more plant based diet into my routine. Basically I'm trying to lower my cholesterol numbers by eating better. My friend Sherri introduced me to a fairly new neighborhood vegan restaurant. I took some girlfriends the other day.  The place is called "Under The Sun"*. 

 The interior of the restaurant has beautiful high ceilings, lots of light and a lovely ambience.


 My friend Jo and me

 This is called the Long Beach special with avocado, lots of veges  served with kale chips.  

 Shannon and Jeanette

 This was a delicious and creative take on sushi called a spicy papaya roll with miso/ginger dipping sauce. Really good


 Surf and earth salad, cabbage, spinach tossed in 🍋mustard dressing, topped with tu-nah pate, 🍅, dulse, sprouts, and chlorella, garlic, pepper, 🥑heirloom pumpkin seeds+a side of green goddess dressing.







 We had to try the desserts. These were divine!
Lavender cheesecake with cardamom
Bottom: chocolate mousse layered cheesecake



We enjoyed the ambience and the food and of course the pleasure of each others company.  A nice adventure in the hood. 

*Under the Sun RawVegan Restaurant
244 E. 3rd. St.
Long Beach, Ca. 90802

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin