Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Reflections On A Morning Walk

On my morning walk today two things reminded me of when my girls were little. Just down the street about 6 houses from ours is what I call "The marble house." I could watch the girls from my front drive way if they were on their bikes or roller skates. I'd say "Go as far as the marble house so I can see you". Second memory that came to me was "the Monkey tree" . I had been reading the children's book "Caps for Sale" . The book was about rascal monkeys taking hats from a street cap vendor and hiding in the tree. When we would ride our bikes under the monkey tree I would tell the girls to try and grab a monkey and I'd ride first raising my hand to try to reach up to the branches. Moms sometimes do silly things and I was a very silly mom probably entertaining myself more than my girls.



 the Monkey tree







No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin