Sunday, June 27, 2021

Be Here Now

 


 
(Baba) Ram Dass* was an American spiritual teacher, psychologist, and author of many books. He dedicated his life to reaching out and sharing teachings all around the world. His books influenced numerous writers, yoga practitioners and successful people, including Steve Jobs, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, George Harrison, and Wayne Dyer. Ram Dass quotes have great inspirational power and have influenced many people to become better versions of themselves. In 1971 "Be Here Now"*written by Ram Dass was first published. It was a book I owned and learned from. I haven't thought of this book in decades but on my morning walk today two of his quotes came back to me. 
 
"We're all just walking each other home"
 
“I would like my life to be a statement of love and compassion--and where it isn't, that's where my work lies.”
― ram dass
These are some of the things I saw on my walk which made me remember to "Be Here Now"
 



















 
 

*Note from my friend Cheryl A. "
His teacher, Baba Hari Das, was one of my first spiritual guides. The monk who did not speak for more than 7 decades as part of his practice but “spoke volumes”. That’s how I met Ram Das. I love the “….walking each other home” line. It’s a great reminder for me when I get annoyed or frustrated with others! Thank you for the memory."

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin