Saturday, February 5, 2022

Making Chinese Dinner

One day I woke up craving chinese food. I am trying to use what we have on hand. I made a sweet n’ sour chicken (prepped And fried the chicken and made the sauce this morning).  

 





Sauce was chucky pineapple, chunks of onion and bell pepper. 

 

 

 

I cubed the chicken, dredged in cornstarch, egg dip and flour and fried for 3 minutes.




 
The chow Mein was using one bag of frozen yakisoba from Costco. It’s 3 minutes in the microwave then I sauté whatever extra vegetables I have, add the noodles and just a tablespoon or two of hoisin or whatever Asian sauce I have on hand. Combined the sauce with the chicken and served it with steamed rice. It worked.

 

This recipe for the sauce was: 1/2 c. white sugar, 1/4 c. brown sugar, 1/2 c. apple cider vinegar, 1/2 c. ketchup, 4 tsp. reduced soy sauce, 2 cloves garlic minced.  I would say that I will keep searching. this recipe was good but not great. Still searching.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin