Saturday, August 26, 2023

August Moon

 



My grandmother was Miyoshi Jingu. She began a movie career in her mid ‘60’s. Every August I think of her role in the movie “Teahouse of the August Moon”. She was the old woman on top of a heavily laden jeep which included a goat! She had many “bit” parts on tv and movies and she enjoyed her time on the sets. Funny story: some time later when her health was fading the paramedics were called to our home. As they were carrying my grandmother on a stretcher to the ambulance she loudly said “Don’t drop me, I’m a movie star!” The paramedics looked at us and we said “she really is!”
Miyoshi Jingu(1893-1969)
Miyoshi Jingu was born on 1 July 1893 in Hyogo Prefecture, Japan. She was an actress, known for Dreams of Glass (1970), Schlitz Playhouse (1951) and My Three Sons (1960).

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin