Thursday, January 1, 2009

It's a brand new year! "DREAM ON"

"...the dreamer and the dream are the same...the powers personified in a dream are those that move the world."
-Joseph Campbell
"I have dreamed in my life, dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas; they have gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind. "
-Emily Bronte
The beginning of a new year is like a second chance. It's an opportunity to try again for something that we want and a chance to dream new dreams. I once cut out a small, little blurb that someone had placed in the classified section of the Daily Bruin (the campus newspaper at UCLA). This was a long time ago. I stuck that clipping on the wall by the typewriter in my office in the 1970's. I'd look at the words on that little piece of paper often. This is what it said:
"I always dreamed of the brightest and the best. How could I ever settle for less."
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009! Dream On...





3 comments:

Kim Tyler said...

Happy New Year Barb, and nice job on the new blog. It is fun to see so many photos of you and your beautiful daughters. We'll keep on watching your spot!

Holly said...

Happy New Year dear one....

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Barb!

Lovely photos -- and a great quote from Joseph Campbell (a remarkable man.)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin