Monday, January 5, 2009

I Would Love a Gelato







This happened a few years back in Florence. I was with Aria who was living there at the time. We were going for our daily "gelato" fix. On this day I was feeling pretty ambitious and stated proudly, "I think I can order by myself today." The two flavors I intended to order were "Bacio" meaning "kiss" and "Pesca" meaning "peach". When it was time to give my order I smiled at the guy behind the counter and said confidently, "Vorrei "un braccio" e un "pesce" per favore!" The guy gave me a very odd look and my daughter nudged me and said, "Mom you just ordered an ARM and a FISH!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL - Classic!!!

Holly said...

armfish huh? sounds yummy!! you are up early AND late! where DO you get the energy?? maybe you are like Benjamin button and growing younger eery day...

Anonymous said...

Barb, this sounds so much like my attempts at speaking Italian.....using followed by blank looks, and polite requests that I repeat myself!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin