Sunday, October 11, 2015

Lunar Eclipse

 On the evening of September 27, 2015 The rare Total Lunar Eclipse of a Supermoon began in the U.S. Central and South America. In Europe, South/East Asia, Africa, the Arctic and in the Pacific, Atlantic and the Indian Oceans it started after midnight on September 28, 2015.  Also called a Blood Moon this eclipse lasted about 1 hour and 12 minutes.

My husband Mike and I sat outside on the evening of September 27th and watched the moon eclipse.  It was a clear night with few clouds.  It had been an unseasonably hot time and sitting outside in the coolness of the night felt nice.

I had seen on facebook that many, many others had captured the amazing bright red colors of the eclipse with photos from their cameras.  I was struck by how many people were gazing at this phenomenon together.

I wrote this on my facebook page:  
"I found it somehow comforting last night when we were sitting beneath the moon gazing at the sky that all my friends and family, even my grand-daughter little Sofia were all under the same moon. All of us watching together."

Here is a photograph of Aria, Daniele and Sofia moon gazing along with the rest of the world.



No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin