Monday, March 1, 2021

March 1, 2021 Landmark Moments

 

drawing by Sofia 5 1/2


This past  Saturday is kind of a landmark time. Both Mike and I are two weeks past our 2nd covid vaccination. We feel fortunate to have been among those that were able to be vaccinated. On my morning walk today things seem to be more hopeful and I'm feeling like I can begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Monday March 1st is the day my sister
and I last flew to Dallas a year ago. It is the last time I was with my daughter, my son in law and my grand-daughter Sofia. We were there until March 10th and then our lives changed when we returned. 

Now I am busy setting up Drs. appointments for physicals, eye and teeth exams and all the things we postponed in 2020. Once I am clear I will try to set up my hip replacement surgery which was cancelled twice last year. I will not be able to fly for three months after the surgery. I'm hoping by this year's end my daughters and their spouses will be vaccinated as well and we can begin to think of family reunions. I have two new grandsons yet to hold. I'm so grateful to be vaccinated.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin