Sunday, April 25, 2021

An Amazing Group of Friends

 



Friday my book group was gathering at a local park to talk about a zoom lecture which featured Kristin Hannah, the author or our chosen read for the month "4 winds". We will meet later in May to discuss the book but this was one of our extra meetings which we call our "Yappy Hours". I could not attend but one of the members texted me and said she wanted to drop something by my house after the park. I was out front when she arrived and then one by one I saw each of my book club friends park and get out of their cars. I was so surprised to see everyone. They said since you couldn't come to us we just wanted to stop by to see you and to give you this. They handed me a beautifully wrapped gift with many cards. Bewildered I asked "What is this for?" They said "we have been thinking of you and have been concerned since our conversation a month ago about the recent Asian hate crimes issues." "We want you to know we stand with you!" I was completely overwhelmed with their thoughtfulness. I opened the gift and found a lovely wind chime. They said "whenever you hear the chimes know that we stand with you." Thank you to all these wonderful friends. Your thoughtfulness and kindness touches my heart more than words can say.



 















No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin