Monday, April 26, 2021

Hard Times Don't Last. Love Does

 

The other day I listened to a zoom talk I had signed up for with author Kristin Hannah. I'm reading her latest book "4 Winds" right now. Like many talks with authors it's so interesting to hear about their writing process and to learn how their stories evolve. I'm right in the middle of "4 winds" and it was so interesting to hear Kristin talk about the timeliness of the subject matter of people struggling in hard times and how it was serendipitous to have the book come out during the pandemic. How the story in ways parallels the hardship that people faced during the great depression and now. I thought of that myself as I read the story. How people who are fighting adversity now might look at history as a letter of hope. We are resilient and we will get thru this time as well. I also loved the message of kindness which I have felt throughout this book. How people with almost nothing have shared the little they had. That message of kindness at the heart of humanity was my take away and which strikes me all the time. The kindness that people give to one another. It's so important.
  I decided to read "4 winds" before I did anything else this morning at 5:00. I'm midway through on page 282 and it's Christmas day for the family. Elsa has saved the letter from Grandpa Anthony and Grandma Rose to read to the kids as a xmas treat. On the top of pg. 283 they write "Hard times don't last. Love does. ..' to me that was just what I needed to read. 

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin