Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Chicken Marsala

 I think I’m on my way to being almost officially back to normal ( what me normal?) November 12th was one month since my hip surgery and I am walking without a cane and I fixed my first dinner by myself  at that time. I made chicken Marsala with mushrooms. Good to be back in the old groove again .


Recipe for chicken marsala :https://www.saltandlavender.com/chicken-in-a-mushroom-and-marsala-sauce/


Ingredients 

  • 2 large chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • Salt & pepper to taste
  • Flour for dredging
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 3 tablespoons butter divided
  • 7 ounces cremini mushrooms sliced fairly thin
  • 1 large clove garlic minced
  • 3/4 cup marsala wine
  • 1/2 cup heavy/whipping cream
  • 1 cup chicken broth (I added this) 

Instructions 

  • Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise and trim off any remaining fat. Season the chicken with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Coat each piece in flour.
  • Heat the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the chicken and sear it for 4 minutes/side or until golden. Take the chicken out of the pan and set aside.
  • Meanwhile, slice the mushrooms into fairly thin pieces (or you can prep them prior to starting cooking... I like to multi-task to save time).
  • Add the remaining butter and mushrooms to the skillet and cook them for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned.
  • Add the minced garlic and marsala wine, chicken broth (my addition) to the skillet and let it bubble for 2-3 minutes. I also thickened with a couple tablespoons flours after reducing.
  • Add the cream to the skillet, and then add the chicken back in. Cook for another 4-5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened up a bit. Season with extra salt & pepper if needed. I added a little bit of chopped parsley to finish it off (optional).

 

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin