Thursday, November 25, 2021

Thinking of My Mom and Dad

 My friend Sherri  began posting daily gratitudes for the month of November. It has been nice to begin my mornings reading things that fill her heart with thankfulness. I began a daily mile walk a couple of weeks ago. It also is a good way for me to begin my day and gives me time to think on things I'm grateful for. The past two chilly mornings I have worn my dad's old, soft,  cozy cartigan. It was one of his favorites. As I walked this morning I was thinking about my gratitude for such loving parents. They taught me so many good lessons just in the way they were. Through my father I learned patience and the art of stillness and observation. From my mom the lessons were many. She was the opposite of my father in a lot of ways. She was not still like my dad. She was a wanderer and an explorer always wanting to learn new things, see new places, meet new people. She was kind hearted and generous of spirit and loved to laugh and entertain. I miss both of them and their loving open hearts. Holidays are times when I miss them so much yet feel their presence the most. I'm imagining days of old when they were busy in the kitchen working together to prepare a feast for the family. My mom would always greet us at the door with open arms. She was always ready for a celebration. I think that's a good way to live one's life.


 



No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin