Monday, November 29, 2021

Thoughts on a Faithful Friend

 

"It is time in the northern hemisphere to exhale, hear our deepest quiet, observe and follow the rhythm of nature.
I wrap the blanket around myself and venture out to place suet and seeds in the bird feeder, the icy lace on each leaf beckoning quietly for my attention.
My dog, old and gentle, accompanies me in the garden. It could very well be our last season with him, and I spend a good part of each day letting him know how loved he is. I'm sad, but grateful for every day he has no pain and he gently places his chin on my knee.
Each loving moment with him is a gift we will never get back. His name is Rocky, but in my heart his name has always been Prince, because of his lion heart and extremely gentle spirit. He loves everyone. And everyone loves him. He is the epitome of good. He's changed me for the better, as only an animal spirit can do."-D. Bauer

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin