Sunday, November 7, 2021

On Babies Being Born

 "We made a human! Introducing for your consideration… CLOVER JAMES  ! Miranda giving birth to Clover was the most impressive thing I’ve ever seen anyone do. Life, baby! Life!!! So far my parenting style is to just keep whispering this Vonnegut quote in Clover’s ear: “Hello baby, welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. On the outside, baby, you've got a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, baby— God damn it, you've got to be kind.” I have love and gratitude in my heart. I’m so grateful to the midwives, L&D nurses, NICU nurses, and our doula Rachel Sparks for being a part of our birth story and helping to get Clover earthside and then home, and grateful to our families and our friends for the support. We are blessed. Clover, you are so supported and loved already. Wow wow wow. This life thing, huh? Wow wow wow." - N. Dern

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin