Thursday, September 1, 2022

Sunday Paper Article October 16, 2020 Maria Schriver

 

"Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder."

Rumi

"I've Been Thinking...

I love words. I love stringing them together in stories, in poems, and in speeches.

 

I love watching someone’s face soften when they hear touching words expressed by another human being. I love when the lyrics of a song move my heart. I love reading quotes from ancient mystics that still resonate today. I love reading reflections from someone who has dug deep and taken the time to excavate their life so that they can use their words to help others navigate their own lives.

 

Words are powerful. They can inspire you, move you, and rock you in the best way possible. Or they can destroy you, cut you down, and bring you to your knees. A friend of mine pointed out the other day that when the letters get rearranged, “words” becomes “sword.” Think about that. You can use your words to heal or to hurt, and the choice is up to you."

 

*The above from Maria Shriver's Sunday Papers

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin