Monday, March 13, 2023

Old Memories

It was another rainy morning this past Saturday in Southern California. My cousin Nancy  sent me this old picture of Mike sitting with our daughter Aria and her cousin Mariko. That took me on a long dive through some old family photos of the girls growing up. We spent those years doing all kinds of fun adventures which seemed so ordinary way back then. Summers at the bay where Mike and I now take frequent walks together. Tent camping which makes me laugh because I can’t imagine me doing that now. Sports of every kind that Mike often coached and Girl Scouts which I co-led. And all the trips we took with the kids on airplanes from the time they were babies. It’s no wonder they both grew up to be better, more savvy travelers than their parents! And all the ordinary daily simple things seem to be what I treasure most. Silly things like playing with scarves, going trick or treating in costumes I made the girls or simply laying on a blanket in the backyard looking up at the clouds. Being with family is the greatest gift. A reminder to cherish each moment and to young moms who feel tired and busy know that those times will pass and someday if you’re lucky you will say those were some of my best years. Remember even at those tired times to stop and take in the blessings of even those days.I attach some pictures I looked at this morning.

 


 






















No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin