Sunday, May 28, 2023

Using Your Time Wisely

 



This was the May book club read.  The New York Times describes this as a searing, deeply moving memoir of illness and recovery that traces one young woman's journey from diagnosis to remission to re-entry into "normal" life..." This book touched a lot of remembrances for me of the year 2021 when Mike and I were going through hospital visits. Thankfully we are on the other side of those days now. Still so much of this book gives one pause and appreciation for good health. At one point when she had so little energy maybe 2-3 hours a day she valued that time and asked herself "With these precious few hours how do I choose to spend it and with whom?" I tell myself: If you are healthy put your silly, petty worries aside and be grateful for this day. Choose how to use your time wisely and with whom. That was my take away.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin