Saturday, May 18, 2024

Growing Like Weeds

 Three of my four grandchildren have birthdays in June. (From down under) Julian will celebrate his 1st trip around the sun. How fast the year has gone and how many changes in that time. His older brother Jude turns 4 and my grand-daughter (the Dallas girlie),Sofia will be 9 years old. Mike (who is the gardener in our family) often points out these particular weeds that grow so fast in our yard. So when I say to myself these children are growing faster than weeds I have to chuckle. I just looked up that saying. “The phrase "growing like a weed" is used to describe children who grow very quickly. For example, you might say "Wow! You are growing like a weed!" if you visit your nephew and he's taller than usual. The phrase is based on the weed Nutsedge, Nutgrass, or Watergrass, which grows quickly and taller than the average turf grasses. “ 

Jude almost 4 years and Julian 11 months
 
Rocco preschool end of the year May 2024 
3 1/2 years



almost 9 years old

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin