Thursday, November 17, 2011

Not Just An Ordinary Monday Part 2

So in continuation of Mondays long, convoluted journey we ended part 1 at Cha Cha Chilis.

Having filled our tummys we



watched a few more videos of the K-Pop girl and boy band videos.




Then we headed over to my brothers house where he introduced me to




this cute guy- Scott McGillivray...



well let me clarify. My brother introduced me to Scott's HGTV hit cable t.v. show called,"Income Property". We spent some time watching a few episodes and then I had to hit the road




In continuing my Monday adventure I was now heading for Pasadena.



I parked the car in the parking lot here on Green street




It's just across the street from the Green Street hotel.






Made a quickie stop at Burke Williams spa for product perusal and then

was on my way with my Christmas list in hand for some shopping on Colorado Blvd.




First stop CRATE and BARREL




Oh I got lucky, they were having a pre-Thanksgiving sale!








Well I managed to check off several things on my list and happily





killed some time here .









Then it was soon time to meet my friends Mary and Dave in the late afternoon.





Had a nice, relaxed couple of hours at their home before the 6:00 scheduled authors talk at





Dave and I dropped Mary off at the Cordon Bleu Culinary Institute's restaurant called, "Technique" where top trainee chefs prepare multi course meals. Reservations are hard to come by but more on that later.






So Dave and I are now at Vroman's about to hear notable children's book author: Oliver Jeffers talk about his books.





From Wikipedia


Oliver Jeffers Born 1977


Port Hedland, Australia
Field
Art,


Website
www.oliverjeffers.com
Oliver Jeffers is an artist, illustrator and writer from Belfast Northern Ireland and now lives and works in Brooklyn. He graduated from the University of Ulster in 2001.




He read us his latest book, "Stuck".



He drew pictures for the audience and talked about how he got started as an author and talked of the writing process and he answered many questions from the crowd of adults and children.








I love this book called "Lost and Found".








Then we all had a chance to meet Oliver and have him sign our book purchases. I was happy to tell him how much I enjoy his stories and his illustrations. We are lucky that he can share his artistic talents and sweet stories through his books.




Vroman's Bookstore has been in Pasadena since 1894. It has a lovely selection of books and


stationary items as well as assorted gift items. If you're in the area drop by. It's a nice store.







Now back to the story of Mary's dinner at Le Cordon Bleu's restaurant Technique. Reservations are hard to come by...it takes a long, long time. So tonight is the night for Mary and two of her friends. They are on the fancy side of the restaurant but Mary called Dave and myself while we were at Vromans to say that on the other side of the restaurant the staff also prepares food for the informal cafe side of Technique.


We headed there after the talk at Vromans for our dinner.














This was kinda funny. We were just separated fromn the fancy side where Mary was sitting by a opaque glass partition. I could peek over and say hi, which both Dave and I did.





The apprentice chefs produced a nice pizza for us and I also bought two delicious little macaroons dipped in chocolate for our dessert.




Then I peeked over the partition to see what Mary was eating.




Oooh this was her dessert!!




My recipe for a not just an ordinary Monday included: a cemetery, a weed-wacker, a korean taco, K-Pop girl bands, Pre-Thanksgiving sales, picture books of penguins, Oliver Jeffers, a culinary 6 degrees of separation and a coconut macaroon dipped in chocolate.




A fun and busy not very ordinary Monday for me.




























































No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin