Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Breakfast with Isa and Donuts from Knead

 


Tried two (new to me) places in the hood. Met my friend Isa for breakfast at “The Potholder ” a cool old time coffee shop (reminded me of places in Berkeley). 3700 W. Broadway Belmont Hts. It has been around for a long time. Great interior with surfboard design Formica tables. 

 





 



Menu is huge and apparently there are long lines on the weekend. It was a fun time and great to have time to catch up with Isa. On the way home I needed to buy donuts for a friend and by chance stopped at another place I’ve often driven by but never tried: Knead Donuts at 5105 Pacific coast highway.

 


 

 I had a nice chat with the owner about this family owned business. Alex is his name and he said there are three locations.

 

 


Another in Long Beach and one in Cerritos. He has a great selection of specialty donuts. 

 





 


He was super nice and said they also serve food items and specialty drinks. He even offered me some free samples but I said I had just eaten breakfast. Stop by both these places if you’re in the area. We need to support our local small businesses.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin