Thursday, July 11, 2019

I spent a wonderful morning catching up with my dear friend  Debbie.  We were neighbors once upon a time and carpooled our kids to "kindergarten" together some 30 years ago! Then she moved to Washington and just recently moved back to Seal Beach. After breakfast we went back to her place and I was surprised to see the Japanese parasols my dad had made on her bookshelf. I had gifted her two of these so long ago. My dad loved making these out of cigarette packages, toothpicks and chopsticks. Like snowflakes no two parasols were exactly alike. They came in so many colors and magnificent patterns. I wish I had videoed him making them. He'd be happy Debbie still has hers on display. A great day with a special dear friend.

 Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, sky, ocean, outdoor and water

 Image may contain: drink

 Image may contain: 2 people, including Jocelyn Yamadera Cassano, people smiling, people sitting, ocean, sky, outdoor and water

 Image may contain: ocean, sky, boat, outdoor, water and nature

 No photo description available.

 No photo description available.


 Image may contain: table

 No photo description available.

 No photo description available.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin